Friday, July 25, 2008

#2: Buy a Mac/iPhone

So ... I know this is sort of a copout, but I finally got the new iPhone 3G the other day. And since my PC at home is running perfectly, I really don't have a need for a Mac any time soon. Maybe by the time this thing is done (866 days) I'll have a need for a new computer, at which time I'll probably buy a Mac. But, for now, I'm crossing this off my list. Bite me.

Anyways, I'm loving the iPhone so far. I ended up having to leave work on Wednesday at around 9:45, drove to King of Prussia with my buddy Steve (who also got one that day) waited in line for .... quite a while .... and have been having fun playing with it ever since. I very easily set up my work email/calendar which is just plain awesome. I took it to the local ATT store and they hooked it up with all my phone numbers from my old Verizon phone (so glad to be rid of that thing).

Now comes the daunting task of adding email addresses to all my contacts. I guess I'll do it through Outlook so I can type a little faster ... it's just gonna be a while.

In the meantime, I'm having fun playing with the following Apps:
Remote (very cool to control my iTunes from across the room)
SportsTap
Urbanspoon
Shazam
Twitteriffic/Twittelator (can't figure out which I prefer)
Pandora
Yelp
Cube Runner (lots of free fun!)
Tap Tap Revenge (eh, it's ok)
Facebook (very well put together)
SudoduFree (doubt I'll play this much)
AIM (not sure I have a use for this, will prob delete)
Labyrinth LE (very cool and very difficult Labyrinth game!)
Spinner (a very fun maze game, I recommend you check it out)
korebasi lite (I'm not sure I like this game yet, need to play it a bit more)

No comments: