Friday, February 13, 2009

#52: # Take Sax lessons for 2 months

So I started taking Sax lessons this week!! It was awesome! I met up with this kid I found on Craig's List who just graduated from University of the Arts and plays Alto, Tenor, and Baritone Sax - really well. Anyway, we started simple so he (and I) could figure out what I can and cannot do. Apparently, I remember more than I expected! Before long I could play a G Major Scale, G Blues Scale, D Major Scale, and even "You are my sunshine!" - which I promptly played for Heidi when I got home. My teacher seemed very content teaching me (I'm his first 'adult' student, so I think he's glad to teach someone who wants to learn :) and I'm really looking forward to my next lesson - Tuesday!

I'll have to get a photo of me playing my new Sax (thanks Dad for the great Chanuka gift!) and put it here asap.

Obviously I can't quite cross this one off because I haven't done it for 2 months, but I've been enjoying it so much I don't think I'll have a problem following through.

No comments: